Hey, you guys!
Ever since I bought my own MacBook Air last year, I am a little extra-cautious about everything related to it. And when it comes to cleaning it, I did my complete research even before touching my baby with a cloth (paranoid, much?), which I’ll be sharing with you right now.
Here is a list of Do’s and Don’t’s for cleaning your MacBook/Laptop in the easiest and proper way:
- Ensure that you use a micro fibre cloth or a lint-free cloth to clean your laptop, especially the screen, as it will neither scratch it nor leave any debris over it.
- Unplug and switch off your laptop and don’t just put it on sleep mode. This is important, otherwise, you can permanently damage your gadget.
- Don’t use a paper towel, paper, toilet paper, or even an old cloth to clean your device.
- Gently wipe the screen in circular motion, as this will be enough to lift off any loose dust particles.
- Never scrub your screen as it can damage the pixels.
- You can clean the frame/body of your laptop with any mild cleaning detergent diluted with water or you can simply use a damp cloth, just ensure you don’t reach any closer to the screen while doing this.
- Never directly wet your device as this can damage it. Always damp the cloth first and then clean your laptop.
- Don’t use any regular detergent for the screen, use only LCD Screen solutions, if required.
- You can use a soft bristle toothbrush to get the insides of the keyboard. Don’t use any liquid here.
- Avoid touching your laptop screen while pointing out, as this can leave fingerprint marks all over your screen which are generally very annoying to remove.
Voila! I hope these points help you and you have a clean gadget!
What are your cleaning tips?